Review: Ojon Rare Blend Oil
Having always been a little bit wary of putting ‘oil’ in my hair (the rolled-my-head-in-chip-fat-look just isn’t for me) I was a little bit reluctant to try Ojon’s latest offering of Rare Blend Oil.
Having said that the product certainly looks attractive enough, with three coloured layers of oil that need to be shaken to release their hair healing properties, so I decided to give it a go.
Opting to use the product on my damp hair after washing – as opposed to putting it on to dry ends as the description suggests as an option – I rubbed a couple of drops into the length and roots, before beginning to blow dry.
While I try my best to look after my hair with regular trims and various deep conditioning treatments, you could say the old straighteners and heated brushes have taken their toll. However, after using Ojon Rare Blend Oil my hair felt noticeably smoother and, if I say so myself, radiated with shine.
Since my positive experience, I have transformed into a hair oil fan, using the product whenever ever I can. No longer afraid of looking like I’ve had a run in with the deep fat fryer, I offer you my tips on how to get the best out of this product:
- Use Ojon Rare Blend Oil as a protector against styling. Rub it into towel-dried hair before blow-drying to keep spilt ends away and nourish hair.
- Tame frizz by rubbing a very small amount between your palms and running over problem areas.
- Use as a finishing product to create shine on your finished style.
- Rub the oil into wet hair liberally from root to tip as a restorative over night treatment, then wash out before styling.
- When using as a styling or finishing treatment remember – a little goes a long way!